Statutory Disclosure under RTI
The Right to Information Bill, 2005 was passed by the Parliament on 12-5-05 and it received the ascent of President of India on 15-6-05. It came on the statute book as the Right to Information Act. As per provisions of section-4(b) of the above Act every public authority shall publish 17 manuals as prescribed in the above section to achieve the goals and objects of the Act.
Steps to be taken to avail RTI
- A citizen is required to file an application giving details of information required to Public Information Officer/Assistant Public Information Officer.
- A person who desires to seek information is required to send, along-with the application fee of Rs.10/- in cash/IPO/cheque.
- The applicant may also be required to pay further fee towards the cost of providing the information, details of which shall be intimated to the applicant by the PIO as prescribed from time to time.
- RTI Manual 2022 in Punjabi & English.
- List of PIO, APIO and FAA.